Welcome to the Raymond Chandler page.
You will find sites and information here on Chandler as well as context and genre for your literature study.
Below is a LiveBinder which has information to assist you, grouped under subject tabs. Simply click the appropriate link to open it*:
* Any site marked EPIC will mean you need to log in first. Your teacher has the username and password, or you can ask Library staff or check out the Library walls. For legal reasons we cannot publish it on this open site.
The following articles represent a SELECTION of possible articles found in the EPIC databases. These are available to borrow in paper form from the CHSLibrary.
- Chivalry and modernity in Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep by Ernest Fontana
- Chandler's "The Big Sleep" by Daniel Linder
- The mystery of influence: why Raymond Chandler persists while so many more respected writers are forgotten by Pico Iyer
- Detecting happiness: Chandler, Hawks and The Big Sleep (Again) by Leland Poague
- Chandler's American Style by Susan Peck MacDonald
- Criticism by R. J. C. Watt